The Plateroti Center is now offering thermography screenings to help patients detect early signs of breast cancer and other diseases. This technology uses thermal imaging to detect changes in thermo-vascular temperatures in the body.
Are you interested in learning more about how you can benefit from thermography? Contact our office in Templeton today for more information or to schedule a consultation with a member of our staff!
What is thermography?
Thermography uses digital infrared thermal imaging to photograph and chart infrared patterns in the body. This screening tool allows physicians to detect conditions, like active inflammation or angiogenesis, that are not detected by MRI or X-Ray technology. Thermography has been approved by the FDA for breast cancer screening since 1982 and has proven effective in detecting early signs of breast cancer up to eight years before the condition is detected by a mammogram.
How can I benefit from thermography?
It has been proven that early detection is an important factor in fighting and treating cancer in the body. Thermography monitors thermo-vascular temperatures in the body and can indicate conditions like increased blood flow, a possible indicator of cancer, and inflammation. Thermography is commonly used for breast screening because it can indicate the signs of cancer before a mammogram, but it is also a useful tool for identifying other conditions like vascular disease, immune dysfunction, hormone imbalance, and thyroid dysfunction.
“A Window into Your Whole Health”
- Physiological Screening for Risk Assessment
- Painless, Easy, Non-Invasive
- No Dangerous Radiation or Compression
- Effective for Women of All Ages
- Effective for All Breast Types (including implants)
- Creates an Opportunity for Preventative Action
Does thermography replace a mammogram?
Thermography has been approved for use in support of mammograms, not as a substitute. A mammogram is used to screen the anatomy of the breast, while thermography screens the physiology of the breast. We recommend the use of both technologies for optimal detection.
Is thermography a safe screening process?
Thermography is a non-invasive screening tool and does not use radiation or compression during the screening process. There is no contact between the patient and the thermal camera and there are no risks associated with this screening technique.
- A partnership between patient and practitioner in the healing process
- Appropriate use of conventional and alternative methods to facilitate the body’s innate healing response
- Consideration of all factors that influence health, wellness, and disease, including mind, spirit, and community as well as body
- A philosophy that neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically
- Recognition that good medicine should be based in good science, be inquiry driven and open to new paradigms
- Use of natural, effective, less-invasive interventions whenever possible
- Use of the broader concepts of promotion of health and the prevention of illness as well as the treatment of disease
- Training of practitioners to be models of health and healing, committed to the process of self-exploration and self-development
Do you want to learn more about how you can benefit from thermography? Contact our office in Templeton today for further information or to schedule a consultation with a member of our staff!