Experience Faster Treatment Times and More Efficient Hair Reduction with the LightSheer® Desire™ at Plateroti Dermatology!
If you are tired of shaving, plucking, or waxing your unwanted body hair and looking for a more permanent solution to keep your skin silky and smooth? At Plateroti Dermatology, we utilize the LightSheer® Desire™ for fast, comfortable hair reduction on multiple areas of the body.
Serving Templeton and surrounding areas in California, Plateroti Dermatology is led by board-certified dermatologist Dr. Carmelo Plateroti. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and find out how laser hair reduction can help keep your skin smooth and stubble-free without any downtime.
What is Laser Hair Reduction?
Although conventional methods of hair removal such as shaving, plucking, and waxing can temporarily reduce the appearance of unwanted hair on the body, these methods only remove the hair at the surface and do not prevent regrowth. Laser hair reduction is a more permanent solution, targeting unwanted hair at the source.
Laser hair reduction can be used safely and effectively on multiple areas of the body. At Plateroti Dermatology, our laser hair reduction technology currently targets the:
- Bikini areas
- Brazilian areas
- Extended Brazilian areas
While other laser hair reduction systems are limited in what they can do, your treatment options are limitless with the LightSheer® Desire™. Designed to target hair growth at the source for both small and large areas, your treatment options for this system can be discussed during your consultation.
How Does Laser Hair Reduction Work?
At Plateroti Dermatology, our LightSheer® Desire™ features:
- Increased efficacy: Pulses of specific wavelengths are precisely delivered into the skin for uniform disabling of hair follicles
- Higher Safety: The skin is gently pulled close to the treatment device, requiring less laser energy
- Decreased Pain: The LightSheer® Desire™’s unique vacuum technology creates a more comfortable treatment experience for patients with no numbing cream required, fools your brain into thinking about the movement in the skin
- Faster Treatment: Although multiple treatments are still required for optimal results, patients spend less time in the treatment room
- ChillTip™ Technology: The surface of the skin is kept cool and comfortable throughout treatment
- Long-Lasting Results: This system is proven to have continuous results over 10 years
Is the Hair Permanently Gone?
During the laser hair reduction process, targeted hair follicles are disabled and future hair regrowth is prevented. We typically recommend up to five sessions of laser hair reduction for ultimate hair reduction results. It is still possible to experience some hair regrowth, but in most cases, the hair that grows back is thinner and lighter. This treatment is most effective on dark, coarse hairs, and Dr. Plateroti and our medical team will let you know what you can expect during your treatment process.
Are There Any Side Effects?
The LightSheer® Desire™ has been extensively tested for safety and efficacy, and most patients are able to immediately return to normal activities without any complications. Treated skin may appear flushed or pink and may be sensitive to sunlight after treatment, but this usually subsides quickly.
Contact Plateroti Dermatology today to schedule a consultation and find out how to keep your skin silky and stubble-free with the LightSheer® Desire™.